Hypnotherapy & Hypnosis
What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is a safe and effective holistic approach that uses a therapeutic process called Hypnosis. Learn all about hypnotherapy from Genevieve Delgado.
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is process of focused attention that simply guides the conscious mind into a neutral state while the subconscious mind remains alert and receptive. It isn’t mysterious, harmful of anything out of the ordinary. Also called the “Alpha State”, an optimum state for creating suggestions and making positive changes towards your desired goal.
Hypnosis is a simple and effective method of training & retraining the mind. In order to change a behavior or thought pattern you have to change the belief system within your subconscious mind. In addition it’s important to understand that our minds are made up of both a Conscious and Subconscious Mind.
Functions of the conscious mind:
- Accounts for 10% of our mind.
- Houses our intellect, choice, logic & judgment.
- Discerns fact from fiction.
- Analyzes & criticizes everything.
- Exercises Will Power.
- Also known as “The Critical Factor”.
- Likes to remember the past and think about the future.
- Influenced by the data stored in our subconscious mind.
Functions of the subconscious mind:
- Accounts for 90% of our mind.
- Houses Long term memory & belief system.
- Is Non Judgmental and has accepted everything you’ve experienced since birth.
- Regulates the Autonomic Nervous system (involuntary functions of the body) as well as the cells of our body.
- Directs energy and imagination.
How hypnosis works
You either sit or recline in a comfortable position and I will speak in a soft & soothing voice as I guide you into calm & comfortable state of deep relaxation. Also referred to as a “Trance State”. The best description of a “Trance State” is you experience it naturally more often than you think.
Examples of natural states of hypnosis:
- Allowing our mind to become so engrossed in thought while driving that you arrive at your destination unable to recall the path that lead you there.
- Feeling so engaged by a movie, book, or conversation that time goes by unnoticed.
- Daydreaming or fantasizing. ( All forms of daydreaming are natural levels of Hypnosis).
As you reach at your own pace this peaceful & relaxing state I continue to guide you into deeper & deeper state of relaxation, once you’ve reached your deepest state of relaxation.
I then begin speaking to you subconscious mind & put in to practice the hypnosis method that will be the most beneficial for you. As well as recite the positive suggestions we discussed during your assessment. These suggestions will undoubtedly increase your life’s well being. As well as effectively addressing the purpose you sought out hypnotherapy.
Sensations you may experience during Hypnosis
- Tingling in your fingers tips or limbs
- A sense of lightness or floating
- A sense of numbness
- A heavy feeling
- Feeling energy moving through your body
- Fluttering eyelids
- Feeling emotional